Tuesday 6 September 2011

Chocolate and Wine for Tea

Right well so on proving that its okay to be normal and not perfect - I made toad in the hole tonight for tea. Very basic: cumberland sausage, 3 oz plain flour, 3 fl oz milk, 2 fl oz water, 1 egg. Cooked sausages in the oven with some frozen peppers, mixed up the other stuff into a batter and then dumped it into the sausage tray. Brilliant - all whacked in the oven to cook by itself. Only to then discover no beans. Or bread. So one small portion of toad in the hole later and I am eating chocolates for tea and my partner is having reheated noodles. I am not perfect and proud of it!

I have been snappy today since I got home, I've had a go at my fella for interrupting me and I'm just generally growly at the world. So a tea of wine and chocolates sounds perfect. Forget Nigella, this is just sheer indulgence and acceptance of my mood.

And now I feel much better. Let's hear it for happy chocolate hormones!

No comments:

Post a Comment